Fettuccine Alfredo is something I never order in restaurants. It is something I would never cook for myself (although I did make it for an ex-boyfriend once – it was his favorite. I’m so sweet). It’s a calorie thing. Heavy cream + butter + cheese = not so good on the tummy area. However — the other day my brother was like “I want to make Fettuccine Alfredo” and I was like “OH MY GOSH I know the perfect recipe! Let’s do it!!”
And perfect recipe I had found.
Pioneer Woman, food blogger extrodinaire, recently posted this recipe to her site. It’s rich, it’s cheesy, it’s absoutely delicious, and best of all it’s totally easy! And cheap! Yess.
All I have to say is my brother and I demolished this in about five minutes. Enjoy, y’all.
*Click through for my brother’s chicken version!
@ Pioneer Woman – check out her site for step-by-step photos
Note: We made a half recipe – it’s just two of us at home right now. I had a tiny portion and he had a large one, it worked out perfectly! My brother also added chicken to his – see below for tips.
1 pound fettuccine
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
dash of salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
– Cook pasta according to package directions.
– In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
– Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.
– Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.
– Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary.
– Serve immediately as a main course or accompaniment to meat or salad.
Joe’s Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
– Cut one half boneless, skinless chicken breast into thirds.
– Heat olive oil and butter in pan.
– Sautee 1-2 cloves pressed garlic.
– Season chicken with Italian spices.
– Cook chicken.
– Slice and place atop pasta.